Here’s wishing each of you & your families a terrific 2019 – with all the abundance & tranquillity that the Universe can conjure!
As we enter a new calendar year, we at GAME are very excited about our evolving partnerships in our effort to catalyze Mass Entrepreneurship in India. As we delve deeper into conducting research, designing pilots and running advocacy campaigns, we are looking at assimilating learnings from these efforts and forging longer-term partnerships. I wanted to share some of the action that we have going:
- Partnering with TRI (www.trif.in), we are rolling out a pilot in a few districts in Jharkhand along with the local District administration to enlist students to identify and nominate the best Mass Entrepreneurs at the district level. The best Student Ambassador and Mass Entrepreneur will be felicitated and awarded by the local community and government. We believe that creating local Ambassadors and recognizing successful local stories will foster a spirit of mass entrepreneurship and enable more people to join the fold.
- Through another partnership with NITI Aayog and Atal Tinkering Labs, our effort is to build entrepreneurial skills in innovative High School Students. Selected students from Atal Tinkering Labs schools across India will participate in an intensive experiential learning workshop to build entrepreneurial skills.
- We are also in conversations with a large financial institution for a national campaign focussed on both triggering Mass Entrepreneurial aspiration and enabling the growth of existing solopreneurs.
- With UNDP, GAME partnered on the Empretec program for entrepreneurs in Bangalore which amongst other benefits provided exposure to Empretec’s Personal Entrepreneurial Competencies.
- We are engaged with Sattva Consulting to map and building a catalog of organizations (implementors, etc) and existing interventions in the entrepreneurship space.
Of course, we have been in other discussions with a variety of partners & funders to create our own roadmap of initiatives for the next 18 months. We would love to have all of you to frame a significant part of your efforts in education/ skilling/ livelihoods through the Mass Entrepreneurship lens, and we invite you to collaborate with us across any of the pillars that we are pursuing:
- Nurturing entrepreneurial mindsets early
- Converting job-seekers to entrepreneurs
- Helping single and micro-entrepreneurs to grow
- Building cultural aspiration for Mass Entrepreneurship
Starting this newsletter, we have also started inviting articles by some of our partners and are delighted to have a contribution by Bhairavi Jani (Chairperson, IEF).
Look forward to your feedback, inputs, contributions & support on this journey.