About Women Entrepreneurship (WE)
Women Entrepreneurship (WE) at GAME works as a vertical focusing on co-creating pathways to strengthen women entrepreneurship ecosystem at scale and as an interlinked department to bring innovation into women entrepreneurship across other verticals.
Create enabling conditions for women entrepreneurs by co creating/ investing in new institutional infrastructure and fortify/revamping existing infrastructure
Our North Star
By 2030, 30 million women will start, scale, and sustain their entrepreneurial journey enabled by a global alliance for Women Entrepreneurship.
Our Driving Force
Female entrepreneurship can power up the Indian economy and yet its potential remains largely untapped in India.
- 90% of women-run enterprises in India are operating under informal/unorganized sector.
- Women are 1.5 times more likely to be rejected for government schemes.
- Number of women-based enterprises can reach upto 31.5 million by 2030.
- Women-owned businesses are likely to generate greater employment opportunities with hired workers in women enterprises reaching to 40% in 2020 as compared to 20% in 2016.
We aim to close this gap and unlock their potential to see women become the job creators – boosting the economy and bringing about a positive social transformation.
We work with all Women Entrepreneurs, agnostic of their sector,
socio-economic standing, stage of entrepreneurial journey.
(home-based WE/ micro/nanoprenreues in urban areas)
- in the ideation stage
- validating the idea/ pilot/ MVP
Aspiring Women Entrepreneurs
(from urban/ semi-urban/ rural)
- with or without an idea
- with or without access to seed funding
Established small and medium enterprises
- scale-up phase
- expanding to other areas/ domains
Ways WE Can Help
- Develop low-cost templatised business models that cater to women-enterprise aspirants of varied skill-level, risk appetite and propensity to take credit, which are also future-focused
- Better understanding of WE market linkages challenges, pathways and opportunities ( discovery of new linkages and inefficiencies)
- Models for different kinds of mentorship meeting the nuances and needs of different kinds of women entrepreneurs
- Designing and measuring a framework to assess the state of women entrepreneurship across states feeding into a National policy for Women Entrepreneurship
- Identify key government schemes that are availed by women entrepreneurs across different segments in the non-farm space with the goal of refining/reimagining them
- Build a women entrepreneurship alliance to advance thinking, programming and action
- Work with stakeholders to identify new opportunities and source problem statements to advance WEs
- Low-cost, sustainable, and replicable pilots for home-based urban WEs using government infrastructure/ Anganwadi’s as accelerator centres
- Incubation model for non-tech women entrepreneurs from tier 2 and 3 cities with local agencies/ institutions
Co-Creators & Partners
Our Latest Events
Latest Research & Publications
Our Advisory Board
Partner with us to
represent, support, and accelerate the growth of women entrepreneurship ecosystem in India.