WeFood Grand Challenge 2019
The 2 Participation tracks
Self – Application track: Entrepreneurs represent and apply themselves Students – Represented track: College students represent and apply on behalf of the Women F&B Entrepreneurs.
As all women entrepreneurs will not have access to the internet or other forms of communication to apply for the challenge themselves, student are expected to find business run by women in the lower income communities like home cooks, women serving corporate offices with tiffin meals and running a food delivers business in and around Bengaluru.
Top 10 Women F&B Entrepreneurs (5 from each tracks) will be invited to and awarded at the GAME Annual Convening in New Delhi in October by luminaries of the corporates & social world.
College students who applied on behalf of the winning Women Entrepreneurs in the student-represented track will also be awarded by GAME and Facebook.
Each of these 5 college student teams will be invited to our New Delhi convention and awarded Rs. 10,000 each as well. Additionally, an entrepreneurial workshop chaired by GAME members will be held for these 5 student teams at WeWork Bengaluru.
Top 50 Entrepreneurs will be supported to grow their businesses by GAME and its partner entities and programs in Bengaluru.
If you want to grow your business and have a positive impact on the city of Bengaluru or as a student if you believe you can find the winning woman led business, apply before the 10th September 2019.
- The Application Form that you will be directed to will have to be filled and submitted on or before the 10th September, 2019.
- All entrants must submit a document (pdf) and a video clearly explaining their idea, business plan, revenue generated (only if applicable), number of persons employed (only if applicable).
- The document should be no longer than 5 pages. Appendices maybe added at the end of the document.
- The video should be no longer than 5 minutes.
- The applications open on 5th August 2019.
- Any India woman who runs her own small business/start-up and works out of her home, co-working space and/or commercial work space.
- Any Indian woman who runs a food business that has employed between 0-20 people.
- Applicants must fall in the 18-40 years age bracket.
- She does not need to have a registered business.
- The business should have started on or before 31st January, 2019.
- The business must be located in and operated from Bengaluru.
- The business must be in the food and beverages sector.
- Alcohol related business are not allowed.
- Only one application per business is allowed.
- Businesses applied in the student-represented track cannot apply again in the self-represented track.
- Each student team can have 1-2 members.
Participants in the two tracks compete seperately and 5 winners are selected in each track.
The 2 stages of evaluation:
Stage 1: All entries to the WeFood Grand Challenge 2019 will be evaluated by an Expert Jury comprising of officials from corporates, social enterprises, academic and industry organization in this stage.
Stage 2: The top 100 entries that make it to this stage will be evaluated by team members from GAME, Facebook & the Grand Challenge partners to arrive at Top 50 and Top 10 winners.
Growth Potential as Mass Entrepreneurs – 40%
Business Application & Video – 30%
Applicability of Business (complying with Grand Challenge norms) – 15%
Product or process Micro-Innovation/s – 15%
Am I eligible to apply?
Do I have to be the sole proprietor of my company to apply?
Can I apply from any city in India?
I work from home; would I be eligible to apply?
I don’t have a team or office; would I be eligible to apply?
How long should my business have to be operational to apply?
How old do I have to be to apply?
Is there a cap on the turnover of my business to apply?
Should my company be registered to be eligible?
I own mutliple businesses. Can I apply sperately for each one of them?
What is the deadline to register and submit an entry?
Is there any participation/nomination fee?
How many women led businesses can a student team represent?
Do I need to submit any documents?
How do I know if my entry has been accepted?
Can I change my entry details after I have submitted the form?
Who will be the Jury for the WeFood Grand Challenge 2019?
When will the judging process begin?
How will you contact me if I am shortlisted?
Will any feedback be shared with me, if I am not shortlisted?
Are entry forms and the information provided kept confidential?
What are the terms and conditions for WeFood Grand Challenge 2019?
Terms & Conditions