Terms & Condition
Terms & Conditions
- Grand Challenge – FUTUREPRENEURS Grand Challenge 2019 (henceforth referred to as Challenge), a program under Junior Achievement India Services (henceforth referred to as JAIS) in partnership with Facebook (henceforth referred to as Facebook)
- Challenge Management – Organizers of the awards, Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (henceforth referred to as GAME) a project under JAIS, and Facebook
- Participant – A college/university student or youth within Bangalore who has chosen to represent an Indian woman who runs her own food and beverage (non-alcoholic only) having started on or before 31st May, 2019 within Bangalore with 0 – 20 employees and falls in the 18-40 age bracket as on 31st August 2019 and as defined in T&C by submitting an application form.
- Jury – constituted panel of eminent experts – from the relevant industry who will shortlist the winners for specified award categories, as mentioned, below.
- Winner – Any participant selected by the Jury as per pre-determined evaluation parameters
Entries are open for participation in the following categories:
The Challenge is open to teams of college students and youth living in Bangalore in the age group of 18 – 30 years who will find, identify and represent women entrepreneurs in the F&B sector from all across Bangalore as mentioned in the “Participant” definition within the “Definitions” section.
- Any woman who runs a food or beverage business that employs between 0 to 20 people can be represented in the Challenge.
- The participating students or youth must be between 18 – 30 years of age
- The woman entrepreneur who the participants represent must be between 18 – 45 years of age.
- The woman entrepreneur does not need to have a registered business
- The business should have started on or before 31st May, 2019
- The business must be located in and operated from Bangalore
- The business must be in the food and beverages sector
- Alcohol related businesses are not allowed
- Each team can bring in as many applications as they choose to do
- Each team can have a maximum of 3 members.
- For each women entrepreneur being represented, verification needs to be done by either a photograph of the entrepreneur at the establishment / registered on an online food aggregator / a registration or license for the business
Once we have received your application, you might be asked to submit additional documents if needed.
Call for entries and participation
- Last date for submission of entry forms will be 18th November 2019;
- Categorization of entries will be approved by the Challenge Management. The Challenge Management retain discretionary right to re-categorize an entry, if needed;
- Entry which is not attributable to the listed eligibility criteria would automatically stand disqualified. Determination of the same is at the discretion of the Challenge Management;
- One application form can be used only for a single entry. In case, you wish to submit another application, open and fill a fresh application form.
- One participating team may send application of and represent one or more women entrepreneurs for the Challenge
- Receipt of application forms after the specified last date of receipt may be permitted only for genuine reason at the discretion of the Challenge Management;
- Challenge Management will not be responsible for application forms that are lost in transit / received late / damaged / loss due to lack or lapse in any communication on account of internet failure;
- Participation in the Challenge in any manner will be construed as acceptance to the Rules and Regulations stated herein;
- An entry form will be considered complete and valid, only if the following are duly completed and submitted to the Challenge via the website link
Completeness of Entries/ Disqualification
- All mandatory fields in the application form need to be filled in all respects; else it will be disqualified from participation;
- Entries will be accepted English language only;
- Disqualification of any entries is at the sole discretion of the Grand Challenge Management;
- Please maintain one copy of the completed form with you for your records
- If at any time, during the challenge or post the event any information provided by any Participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Participant will be either disqualified from participation or liable to return the award and any monetary / non-monetary incentives provided by GAME, if won;
- All entries are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility through checks as deemed appropriate by the Grand Challenge Management and complete compliance with these Rules and Regulations. Grand Challenge Management has the sole right to disqualify any entry if it is not in compliance with the Rules and Regulations herein specified or any further applicable laws, regulation/ or any policies that may be specified by the Grand Challenge Management.
- In case an Award is unclaimed by the winner due to any reason the same will result in forfeiture of the Challenge award by such Winner and Challenge Management shall not entertain any claims in this regard thereafter;
- Award is not transferable or assignable and shall not be assigned to any other person. There is no cash substitution, cash redemption or cash value in lieu of the respective Challenge award;
- Participants may be contacted for any additional information or / and conduct field visits to verify the information provided. Such additional information sourced from the Participant(s) will become part of the original application;
- Challenge Management has the right to ask for documentary proof of information / audited financial data / audit the information provided. If such a request is made and the Participant does not comply with it promptly; the Participant may be disqualified from participation in the Awards;
- Information provided by the Participant will be used only for the limited purpose of evaluating the Participant’s entry to the challenge;
- Challenge Management or teams appointed by the Challenge Management will try to contact the Participant on a best effort basis by any means deemed appropriate;
- In the event it is not possible to contact any Participant to obtain information on them, interview them, etc. such Participant may be disqualified from further participation;
- The participant hereby irrevocably authorizes the Grand Challenge Management to use the data gathered during and/or after the challenge in respect of the participants. This shall be the property of JAIS and JAIS shall be entitled to use the same in its communications including marketing promotions and advertisements. The Challenge Management shall not be liable in any manner for any mishap, accident, injury or damages etc. of whatsoever nature, caused to the participants during the challenge. Further, the Challenge Management shall not be liable in any manner for any loss, damage, theft, or any other mishap caused during and/or after the challenge.
Winner selection Process
- Entries will be received through the form linked to the website by the Challenge Management;
- Entries will be shortlisted based on the eligibility criteria;
- Jury will select the winners in based on predetermined judging parameters by scoring the entries;
- The Challenge Management will tabulate the scores and the 10 highest scoring entries will be determined as winners and an additional 90 will be supported for growth by GAME & Facebook as mentioned in the Awards section of the website
- The determination of the winners rests with the Jury;
- The Jury’s decision is final and binding on all participants;
- The Challenge Management reserves the right to make the final judgment in the case of any ambiguity in Rules and Regulations / disputes over suitability;
- A participant may be contacted in case Jury needs further information. The cost of travel incurred by participants, if any, would need to be borne by the participant;
- Participant agrees that the Participant is legally capable of entering and, if selected, participating in the Challenge and agree to the Terms and Conditions. Participant is competent (i.e. Participants are of legal age and mental capacity) and eligible to enter into this legally binding agreement on the Participant;
- Participant understands and agrees that merely participating in the Challenge does not entitle the Participant to a prize or to any other form of consideration;
- Participant warrants and represents to the Challenge Management that all information including any communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images and other material submitted or recorded in any manner by the Participant for consideration are solely owned by JAIS and do not infringe upon any other individual or Enterprise rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights). Participant shall be completely responsible for handling any infringement or alleged infringement and shall indemnify JAIS, and the Challenge Management from any claims, costs or damages from infringement or alleged infringement of the logo or trademark or the defense of a claim or any costs payable thereof;
- Participant must enter the Challenge at their own will and the Challenge Management is not in any way obligated or liable for any loss or costs that the Participant may suffer or incur and nothing is payable to the Participants for participating in the Challenge or any event prior to or following the challenge;
- Participants for the purpose of entering the Challenge, automatically grant the Challenge Management a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-transferable, non-exclusive right and license to use and display such entry, for participation in the Challenge, and any intellectual property in relation to and arising out of such participation in the Challenge and footage thereof, which shall include trade publications, press releases, electronic posting to the Challenge website, the GAME website and media publications and social media pages in any display format selected by GAME during or after the Challenge or use by GAME as it deems fit;
- The Participants indemnify GAME, its employees, officers, contractors, partner or other persons used by them in relation to this Challenge and hold them harmless against any losses, claims, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability (including legal costs) arising out of or in connection with any or all claims, that may be brought against the Challenge Management by any third party in connection with the Participants participation in or winning the Challenge, which is inconsistent with any of the warranties and representations made by the Participants, or due to breach of these Terms and Conditions and shall reimburse GAME for any loss, costs, expense, or damage to which said indemnity applies.
- In the event that these Terms and Conditions do not cover any question or complaint in relation to the Challenge, the same will be concluded on by the Challenge Management (for all other issues) or an independent body or legal team as appointed by the Challenge Management as deemed necessary.
- The Participant agrees to give full consent unconditionally for GAME to share any information provided by the Participant with agencies working with them with regards to the program, its recording and broadcasting and related activities including agencies involved with GAME;
- The decision of Challenge Management in relation to the interpretation of any of these Terms shall be final and binding on the participants.
- If at any time, any information provided by any Participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Participant will be disqualified and not be permitted to continue participation for that particular entry in the Challenge, and the Challenge Management will not be liable to return any materials to such disqualified entry;
- If, after the conclusion of the Challenge, any information provided by any Participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, the Participant will be liable to return the award and any monetary / non-monetary incentives provided as part of the reward;
- All Entries are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility through checks as deemed appropriate by the Challenge Management and complete compliance with these Rules and Regulations. The Challenge Management has the sole right to disqualify any entry if it is not in compliance with the Rules and Regulations herein specified or any further applicable laws, regulation/ or any policies that may be specified by the Challenge Management;
- Determination of whether the information provided as fair and accurate rests with the Challenge Management.
- The call for entries for the Challenge will be announced in one or more media platforms and / or by direct communication with potential Participants, and that shall be construed to be adequate notice for call for entries;
- By participating in the Challenge process in any manner, the participant is deemed to have read, understood and unconditionally accepted the Rules & Regulations of the Challenge which may be updated, if required;
- While all attempts will be made by the Challenge Management for call for entries, there is a possibility of missing potential participants due to the fragmented spread of the industry in Bangalore. The Challenge Management will not be held liable for the same;
- Challenge Management accepts no liability for any unintentional errors or omissions, whether on behalf of itself or any third Parties;
- Participants shall be solely responsible for any consequences which may arise due to their actions of infringement of intellectual property rights belonging to any other person /entity, etc. and also undertake to indemnify the JAIS and Facebook Managements, its Directors, Officers, Employees, etc. on the happening of such an event (including without limitation costs of Attorney, Legal Charges, etc.) on a full indemnity basis;
- The short-listing of the entries and selection of winners process is not subject to review by any participant. The Challenge Management will not entertain any communication, whatsoever, in this regard from any participant;
- Participation in the Challenge does not necessitate winning at the event;
- The Challenge may undergo changes and as per the sole discretion of the Grand Challenge Management;
- Decision of the Challenge Management on all matters is final and binding on all participants;
- Participants and Winners permit complimentary use of their names, nominated and winning content and factual information about their participation in the public media (for the build-up to the Challenge, during the Challenge and after the Challenge) and do not have any right to any revenues earned through intellectual property rights generated by the Challenge;
- JAIS, Facebook and its associates will not be liable for any claims / disputes made by the participants, nominees or winners in relation to the entire process of Challenge;
- The Challenge Management reserves the right to withdraw and/or amend the terms of the Challenge at any time and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any person or Enterprise may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Challenge, if the Challenge is withdrawn or its terms amended. If during the course of the Challenge, it is discovered that an entry/winner has a dispute registered against it in a court of law, the dispute which is in contradiction to the spirit of this challenge; the Challenge Management reserves the right to declare that entry/winner ineligible and/or withhold any reward/support until the dispute is resolved in favour of the Participant;
- Efforts will be made to adhere to the defined timelines. However, the Challenge Management cannot and shall not be accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Challenge or any part of its processes. JAIS, Facebook and its associates cannot be held responsible for matters out of its control and for force majeure;
- Additions, deletions and/or modifications to these Rules and Regulations are at the discretion of the Challenge Management. It may make such additions/deletions and/or modifications, at any time before or after the Challenge, as required;
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the challenge shall be subject to the Laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Bengaluru, India;
- The participants, nominees and winners agree that they shall hold harmless the Challenge Management and sponsors, their employees, officers, associates or other persons and shall defend them against any loss, claims, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability arising out of or in connection with any or all claims that may be brought against the Grand Challenge Management by any third party in connection with participation in or winning the Challenge;
- If participants are unclear as to the rules or any element of the challenge or experience difficulties of any kind, they can write in their questions, problems or clarifications to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Grand Challenge Management shall endeavour to the best of its ability to respond thereto.
- The website is only an informational website (website link) (the “Website”) for the Challenge. GAME or its subsidiaries are not liable or responsible for any action or decision taken by Participant or anyone acting on Participant’s behalf or under Participant employment or under contract with Participant. The Challenge Management shall not be under any obligation to the Participant and the Participant shall have no obligation or rights in relation to the Challenge and shall have no claims whatsoever against the Challenge Management relating to the selection process or the running of the Challenge;
- The Grand Challenge Management shall not be responsible for:
- any delivery, failures relating to the registration or uploading videos/presentations;
- any SPAM generated messages as result of Participant accessing the Website;
- the Challenge Management not receiving or rejecting any data;
- any lost, late or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures of any kind or any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reasons and
- Other conditions/situations or failures beyond its control.
The Challenge Management has no obligation to screen the entry material in advance and is not responsible for monitoring entries for the purpose of preventing violation of intellectual property ownership rights, or violations of any law, rule or regulation. If the Challenge Management is notified of submissions or materials that may not conform to the Terms and Conditions, it may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to eliminate such an entry from consideration. The Challenge Management has no liability or responsibility to Participants or other users of the Website for performance or non-performance of such activities.