The Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (GAME) is an alliance of partners unleashing the job creation potential of every entrepreneur in India. Through action driven coalitions (‘taskforces’) around key themes such as ease of doing ‘small’ business, access to finance, MSME acceleration and more, we hope to develop an ecosystem that encourages and enables entrepreneurship. We have 80+ partners across government, civil society, corporates, and donors who want to create 50 million additional jobs through MSMEs by 2030. We commit that 25% of entrepreneurs we support will be women.
About GAME’s Finance taskforce
Led by a former Banking Secretary of India, and composed of leaders from banking, insurance, FinTech, and public policy, the task force seeks to increase access to formal finance for India’s 50 million unbanked MSMEs. The group works with FinTechs, bankers, and policymakers to launch new products, conceptualize and deliver large-scale programs, and change policy to achieve this goal. As an illustration, the group conceptualized and fundraised for a USD 100 million Covid Recovery Fund for underbanked MSMEs. You can access the task force’s perspectives and insights at www.massentrepreneurship.org/msme-finance.
About the role
Some of the Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to include piloting a new product, developing policy recommendations for Covid recovery relief for MSMEs, and deploying large-scale projects with India’s premier MSME financiers.
You will work closely with the GAME task force and implementation partners to meet milestones, create impact for MSMEs, and catapult the learning of the ecosystem. You will research, design, work plan, and execute, and at the end of your fellowship, submit a short report, documenting key findings/suggestions for policymakers, FinTech firms, platforms, and banks.
Your background and strengths
- At least 5-7 years of work experience
- Have a deep interest & passion in the Social Impact area and want to work with a leading NGO.
- Willing to work at social sector compensation (lower than corporates)
- Interest in any of the following – economic development, MSMEs, or finance/FinTech
- Thrive in unstructured environments and love complex problems
- Strong analytical ability and execution chops
- Excellent communication skills especially through writing
- Enthusiasm for rapid research & decision making frameworks
- Ability to synthesize ideas and insights from various stakeholders and sources and build a strong narrative
- Comfort with excel/R/Strata, PowerPoint, and Word
If this opportunity excites you, send your CV to [email protected] with the subject ‘GAME Manager Finance (MSME)’