The ‘jobs’ challenge
Traditional methods of job creation in India (e.g. white collar jobs, high-growth start-ups, and self-employment) are unable to keep pace with the number of youth entering the workforce. Mass enterprises (MEs), firms with 5 to 20 employees, a common lever of job creation in many countries such as USA, China, Bangladesh, is significantly underutilised in India.
In Aug 2018, influencers and prominent organisations in entrepreneurship development identified the need for a national-level organisation to mainstream and build a thriving ecosystem around mass entrepreneurship.
The ambition of the Alliance is to create 10 million mass entrepreneurs by 2030, half of whom will be women.
GAME will operate through partner organisations, across policy, civil society, academia, and private sector, who will generate fresh insights, opportunity zones, new ideas, innovative technologies, and scalable actions. We firmly believe that solving hard problems requires collective effort, and the Alliance will exist to guide and enable collective impact.
The Alliance encompass three core groups: Alliance members, Taskforces, and the Secretariat. Alliance members will be those working directly with entrepreneurs, and will be primary beneficiaries of the Alliance. Taskforces will be multi-stakeholder groups continuously generating new actions – both local and national – that can grow mass entrepreneurship on the ground. The Secretariat will be a support organisation: advocating for common goals, facilitating discussions, enabling collaborative action, and mobilising resources towards ME.
For more information please visit our website.
The Vice President will be part of the Secretariat team, building and supporting the ecosystem for mass entrepreneurship. We are looking for self-motivated individuals with endless energy. The Vice President should possess: superior stakeholder management skills, an ability to connect the dots, and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Vice President should be capable of ‘doing what it takes’ to support Alliance members and taskforces to deliver on GAME’s impact goals. They should be inspired by and thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced, and continuously evolving environments, function independently, when needed, with a deep personal commitment to both our proximate (e.g. Alliance organisations/overall ecosystem) and ultimate partners (e.g. potential or existing entrepreneurs).
At a minimum, we expect candidates with at least 5 years of experience in multi-stakeholder contexts and a partnerships role with a master’s degree from a top tier university.
- Recruit & onboard Alliance partners and ensure that they find value in their partnership with GAME
- Make GAME the ‘go to’ entity for mass entrepreneurship with Alliance partners and ecosystem actors reaching out to us for new ideas, partnerships, and innovations
- Push Alliance partners to incorporate ME into their strategy, operations, and goals
- Seed new connections and partnerships within the Alliance
- Break traditional siloes across the ecosystem and create mechanisms that enable organic collaborations
- Identify and support high leverage partners in unlocking resources, connections, partnerships, innovations etc., leveraging the full force of the Alliance
- Identify and continuously engage 10-15 influencers to act as ‘Friends of GAME’
- Cultivate and sustain government relationships
GAME’s promise to you
Working with a ‘mission-driven’ and ‘problem focused’ Alliance will help you:
- Build terrific networks: the Alliance will include the best and brightest in private sector, social sector, and entrepreneurship thinking and experience to the table; and as the Ecosystem Engagement Vice President you will be at the forefront of engaging these individuals and organisations
- Become a systems thinker: GAME will use multiple pathways (e.g. financing, technology etc.) to grow mass entrepreneurship; overtime, you will be able to connect the dots, seed new partnerships, and make new connections, that cut across these pathways and influence the system
- Wear many hats, become a reliable generalist: GAME will be an evolving organisation that responds to the critical needs of the ecosystem as they present themselves and so, you will play the role of a strategist, advisor, convenor, facilitator, match maker etc., as and when needed
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset: while this is a key theme for GAME, your colleagues will rely on you to constantly come up with new ideas and drive their execution; ownership will always remain high
- Double down on your passion: as an entity engaging with entrepreneurship through many different pathways (e.g. finance, school curriculum, gender etc.) you will have opportunities to focus on things you care about (while maintaining other responsibilities)